Burris v. Amcore Bank
CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT INFORMATION
Welcome to the settlement information website for Burris v. Amcore Bank. This website describes the case and the settlement between Robert Burris (”Plaintiff”) and Amcore Bank, N.A. (”Defendant”).
We have tried to design this website to help you get information about the proposed settlement of this case. If necessary, however, you can also contact Class Counsel for further information:
Lance A. Raphael
The Consumer Advocacy Center, P.C.
180 West Washington, Suite 700
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Aron D. Robinson
The Law Offices of Aron D. Robinson
19 South LaSalle, Suite 1200
Chicago, Illinois 60603
DO NOT CONTACT THE COURT FOR INFORMATION.
This case is currently pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin as Case No. 09 CV 302. The judge is The Honorable Rudolph T. Randa. To see a copy of the Complaint, click here
To see a copy of the class action publication notice, click here.
Plaintiff alleges that Defendant violated the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, 15 U.S.C. §1693 et seq ("EFTA") by failing to post appropriate notices on certain of its ATMs. To see the list of the ATMs at issue click here.
To avoid the continued expense of litigation, Defendant has agreed to settle this matter. To see a copy of the Settlement Agreement, click here.
The Court has certified a class and preliminarily approved a class action settlement of this case. To see a copy of the Preliminary Approval Order, click here.
The links below provide information about who is a Class Member, the terms of the Settlement Agreement and how Class Members can participate in, object to, or exclude themselves from, the class action settlement of this case.
All Potential Class Members:
- To find out if you are a Class Member, click here.
- If you are a Class Member and want to receive money from the Settlement Fund, click here.
- If you do not want to be a class member (or receive any money from the Settlement Fund),
- If you want to object to the settlement of this case as a class action or to the terms of the Settlement Agreement, click here.
All persons who, from March 17, 2008 to January 25, 2010, were charged a transaction fee for the use of any of the following automated teller machines operated by AMCORE Bank:
- 2365 N. Mayfair Rd., Wauwatosa, WI
- 4702 Verona Rd., Madison, WI
- 400 S. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL
- 426 W. Army Trail Rd., Carol Stream, IL
- 798 S. Randall Rd., Algonquin, IL
- 1800 S. Elmhurst, Mt. Prospect, IL
- 228 S. Main St., Rockford, IL
- 501 Seventh St., Rockford, IL
- 1275 Bennington Rd., Rockford, IL
- 1480 S. Alpine, Rockford, IL
- 677 Lake Cook Rd., Deerfield, IL
- 1033 W. VanBuren St., Chicago, IL
- 1180 E. Higgins Rd., Schaumburg, IL
- 1530 W. Lane, Machesney Park, IL
- 2810 S. Highland, Lombard, IL
- 4104 Shamrock Lane, McHenry, IL
- 5100 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL
- 8930 Waukegan Rd., Morton Grove, IL
- 16057 S. LaGrange Rd., Orland Park, IL
- 40 W. 75th St., Willowbrook, IL
- 2253 N. Richmond Rd., McHenry, IL
If you do not want to participate in the Settlement you must write a letter stating, "EXCLUDE ME FROM THE BURRIS V. AMCORE BANK SETTLEMENT." Include your name and address and mail the letter to the Settlement Administrator, First Class, Inc./J10655-Burris, 5410 W. Roosevelt Rd., Unit 222, Chicago, IL 60644-1479. Your letter must be postmarked by March 26, 2010 to be valid.
If you think the Settlement is unfair, you may object to it by writing a memo stating the specific reasons for your objection and filing it with the Clerk’s Office (United States Courthouse, 517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202) and sending a copy to Class Counsel, Lance Raphael of The Consumer Advocacy Center, P.C., 180 W. Washington St., Ste. 700, Chicago, IL 60602 and to Defendant’s Counsel, Howard A. Pollack, Godfrey & Kahn S.C., 780 N. Water Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202, postmarked on or before March 26, 2010.